My name is Tesla Mayenburg and I am a student teacher in the Elementary BEd post-degree professional program (PDPP) at the University of Victoria. I also have a previous degree in visual arts from Emily Carr University of Art & Design. The main purpose of this website is to act as a platform for all assignments and reflections for EDCI 336. The other purpose of this website will be a placeholder for my self-guided inquiry into hot topics within the educational world right now.

I am hoping to research and discover educational tools and methods that will help enhance my own pedagogy of teaching. Currently I am interested in encourage my students to think creative and critically through design thinking, project-based learning, cross-curricular integration with a strong foundation in fine arts all housed under the umbrella of inquiry. When I’m not researching you can find me baking in the kitchen, sketching in the forest, walking by the ocean and laughing with friends.

I respectfully acknowledge and honour the Lekwungen, Songhees, Esquimalt and WSÁNEĆ  peoples relationships with the land, which I currently inhabit. I am committed to continue to respect the land and all its beings.